Maia Hightower, M.D.
Strategic IT executive with over twelve years of senior leadership experience in healthcare IT and physician executive leadership with academic medical centers, clinically integrated networks, and accountable care organizations.
Drives transformational change by breaking down complex systems problems into measurable capabilities, continuous improvement frameworks, and a multi-year strategic plan.
An authentic and inclusive leader with high emotional intelligence who leverages the diverse talents and life experiences of her teams by cultivating psychological safety and belonging at work, resulting in high functioning, cross-matrix teams that achieve mission-critical objectives.
Nationally recognized healthcare IT expert with speaking engagements addressing diversity, inclusion, and leadership in healthcare IT, digital transformation, big data, EHR’s, clinical decision support, population health, and the patient experienced.
Recognized by Health Data Management as Most Powerful Women in Healthcare IT 2017 & 2019 and by Becker’s Hospital Review as a Top 50 CMIOs To Know 2017.
Key areas of expertise:
- IT Vision and Strategy
- Virtual Care
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Lean Leadership
- Enterprise Analytics
- IT Governance
- Clinical Applications
- Research IT
- Responsible AI/Machine Learning
- Healthcare Informatics
- Commercial Partnership
- IoT Cybersecurity
- Transformational Change Management
- Enterprise Data Management & Strategy
- Matrix Organization Collaboration
Education and Training:
- Master of Business Administration, THE WHARTON SCHOOL, University of Pennsylvania
- Internal Medicine and Pediatrics, University of California at San Diego
- Medical Doctorate and Master in Public Health, University of Rochester
- Bachelor of Arts, Cornell University, Science and Technology Studies